Secondary Sporting Achievement Celebrated
The sporting achievements of our secondary students were celebrated at the recent Sports Awards Evening.
With over 300 students involved in the College’s secondary extra-curricular sporting program this year, the evening was an opportunity to honour outstanding sporting achievements including College and District Age Champions for Swimming, Cross Country and Track and Field, Met North and Queensland School Sport representatives, premiership-winning teams, as well as sporting silver and gold award recipients.
Students enjoyed hearing of the challenges and highlights experienced by our Guest Speaker, Peter George during his cricketing career during an informal interview with our Sports Coordinator, Mr Brendan Alcorn.
Congratulations to the following students who were named as Players of the Year in recognition of their sportsmanship, team spirit, commitment and excellence in specific sports:
- Ethan Kuss (Swimming)
- Brooklyn Denton (Cross Country)
- George Harris and Jandre De Necker (Rugby)
- Natalie Ross and Mine Coetser (Netball)
- Josephine Giavon (Track & Field)
- Mary Leong and Brendan Phillips (Basketball)
- Jonathon Wickham (Volleyball)
- Angela Little and Joshua Hong (Football)
- Tialyn Loechel and Ella Micalizzi (Touch)
- Jakob Lyon and Franceska Dancel-Roxas (Futsal)
- Mark Davies and Emerentia Falck (Tennis)
Saskia Gunness received the Contribution to School Sport Award for her high level of participation in College teams throughout the year.