Senior School at Northside Christian College is focused on equipping students for life beyond school - academically, spiritually and emotionally. Our students prepare diligently for tertiary studies and vocational pathways alongside fostering the values and maturity needed to thrive as a Christian in our society.
All students study Christian Foundations, which focuses on biblical studies and discipleship, as well as Life Skills, which teaches study strategies, social and emotional skills development, budgeting, health and relationship wisdom.
Senior School at Northside Christian College includes Year 10 as well as Years 11 and 12. We believe including Year 10 students in the Senior School provides important preparation for their Year 11 and 12 studies.
Faith in Action
All year levels have many opportunities to develop their servant-hearted leadership skills.
Weekly Chapels for both Middle and Senior School, where students lead the worship and share God's Word.
On a weekly basis, students support the Valley Homeless Mission, serving BBQ to the homeless and spending time talking to them and praying for them. Students visit local nursing homes to encourage the aged residents.
Groups of students and staff travel oveseas to serve in South East Asia and Uganda.
Strong Academic Record
Northside Christian College was named one of the top 40 most innovative schools in Australia in 2017. Read more.
High School students have the opportunity not only to have a wide choice of subjects in their study program, but also to have structured and incidental mentorship opportunities.
- Year 10 students complete intensive career education and planning
- Year 11 students engage in Work Experience
- Year 12 students undergo rigorous Core Skills Test preparation.
Senior School is a place where collaboration with other students and teachers occurs continually, both inside and outside of the classroom. All students are encouraged to dig deeper into their chosen subjects and gain an extensive knowledge of their required content. It is also a safe place where students can deepen their faith as they walk alongside their peers and staff at Northside Christian College.
Secondary School Enrichment Opportunities
- Students in Years 11 and 12 can opt to enrol in accelerated learning programs at university level for many subjects including maths, sciences, languages, music and more.
- Queensland Debating Union competitions
- Girls' Grammar debating competitions
- Rostrum Public Speaking competitions Robotics
- Milis Institute’s Path of Wisdom course at Citipointe
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Maths) Extension Program
The following guides contain detailed information regarding each subject offered in Years 10 to 12 at Northside Christian College.