Junior School Teachers
We are seeking:
- A full time Junior School Teacher and Prep Teacher to join our team in Term 3, 2019.
- Expressions of interest for Junior School relief teaching
The successful applicants will join an outstanding Christian College committed to inspiring and developing students’ spiritual, academic, emotional and social potential.
The successful teachers will be able to demonstrate that they are:
- Passionate about challenging and engaging students
- Committed to developing young lives in a Christian culture
- Able to cultivate high academic standards
- Willing and able to actively lead co-curricular activities
- Able to thrive as a part of a team of professionals
- Able to teach from a Christian Worldview
- Able to exhibit Northside Christian College’s genuine Christian commitment and care for students
Please download the Junior School Teacher Position Description.
As outlined below, all applicants will be screened under College policy and are required to provide a range of documents including a current Pastor's reference. Only complete applications which include these documents will be considered.
Applications close: Monday, 8 July 2019
Head of Finance
About the role
The position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the financial, payroll, compliance and business reporting aspects of the operations of all entities of the Nexus Group, which includes Northside Christian College, Nexus Church, Next Steps Kindy Ltd and Nexus Care Inc. The majority of the work will be with Northside Christian College. The Head of Finance will be an employee of Nexus Church who is committed to the ministry, beliefs and values of Nexus Church.
Core duties will include
- Oversee the financial and management reporting for all entities in the group;
- Oversee Payroll functions;
- Ensure that the entities meet their corporate reporting responsibilities to State and Federal Government bodies and other regulatory compliance;
- Prepare annual financial statements for the Entities and manage the annual audit process;
- Lead the annual budget processes for all entities;
- Proactively investigate and lead campus wide business opportunities.
About the applicant
You will be:
- A committed Christian who is actively involved in a Christian Church;
- CA or CPA qualified finance professional;
- Proven track record of success in financial and business management, with the ability to think strategically (educational industry experience highly regarded);
- A leader with at least five years’ experience in a supervisory finance role;
- demonstrate high level interpersonal skills, be approachable and supportive of colleagues, building effective, professional staff relationships;
- Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills (TASS and Xero experience highly regarded).
Please download the Position Description and follow the instructions (points 1-6) in the “How to Apply for Employment” section below.
Applications close Friday 28 June, 2019
How to Apply for Employment
Applications for all positions must include:
- Curriculum Vitae or Résumé
- Completed Personal Profile for Teaching Applicants or Personal Profile for Non Teaching Applicants
- Current Pastor’s reference referring to your Christian Commitment
- Signed Statement of Faith
- Certified copies of Professional Qualifications (if relevant to your position)
- Please provide a one page application letter explaining why you are a strong match for the role.
Applicants for positions: in addition to providing the documents listed above, please view and address the Northside Christian College Criteria for Teaching Positions or Criteria for Non-Teaching Positions document.
Please note: Only complete applications which include the documents listed above will be considered in the selection process.
Applications should be submitted by the close of business on the specified day.
Applications should be addressed to The Principal’s Office, Northside Christian College and may be submitted via:
|The Principal’s Office|
Northside Christian College
PO Box 599
Everton Park, QLD 4053
|The Principal’s Office (College Administration)|
Northside Christian College
151 Flockton Street
Everton Park, Queensland
Eligibility to Work
Only applicants eligible to work in Australia will be considered.
Child Safety Statement
Northside Christian College is committed to the safety and wellbeing of students enrolled at the school. All candidates will be subject to a teacher registration check or Blue Card screening. As deemed appropriate by the College, candidates may be subject to a police check, referee checks, identification verification and the requirement to disclose any information relevant to the candidates’ eligibility to engage in activities involving young people.