Northside Christian College was founded in 1985 as a ministry of Nexus Church (formerly Northside Christian Church, Brisbane) in order to provide a high quality education that would partner with and support the values of Christian families.
Through the years, Northside has grown whilst maintaining that same foundation.
Nexus Church began as an outreach ministry in the Stafford area (North Brisbane) in 1952. The Church moved to its present location in Everton Park in 1976 with just 80 people. Over the last few decades, Nexus has grown into a large, thriving Christian community in the northern suburbs of Brisbane.
‘Nexus’ means ‘a point of connection’, and the desire of the church is to be a life-giving Church – helping connect people to God, community and purpose.
A Christian School located in North Brisbane
Northside Christian College campus is located in the leafy suburb of Everton Park, about 12 km north from the Brisbane CBD. Situated in Flockton St (next to the hospital), and just off Old Northern Road.
Northside families come from local suburbs, including but not limited to; Albany Creek, Everton Hills, McDowall, Keppera, Chermside, Wavell Hights, Arana Hills, Ferny Hills, Ferny Grove, Eatons Hill, Warner, Cashmere, Samford, Mitchelton, Alderley, Bridgeman Downs, and Carseldine. Many families come from Brisbane Inner suburbs such as Bowen Hills, East Brisbane, Fortitude Valley, Herston, Kelvin Grove, South Brisbane, Spring Hill, Teneriffe, and West End and West Brisbane.
Our bus services also service the Pine Rivers area. Visit our bus service page to see the routes that Northside Christian College Bus Services offer.
We believe that a Christian is a person who has acknowledged Jesus Christ as both Saviour and Lord of his/her life. That is, a Christian is a person who:
- believes that Jesus Christ, God’s only Son,
- died and rose again
- has recognised his/her sinful condition
- has received forgiveness of his/her sins through faith in Jesus Christ and
- seeks to live his/her life in obedience to God’s Word.
Christianity is, in essence, an ongoing relationship with God – not just a Sunday morning event, but a way of life.
The Northside community is enriched by students and families from more than 100 churches of various denominations, although the majority comes from evangelical, charismatic or pentecostal churches.
The Directors of Northside are appointed by Nexus Church and are responsible for the spiritual, legal and financial oversight of the College. Managerial responsibility for the College's operations is delegated by the Directors to the Principal.
Board of Directors of Northside Christian College
As a Board, we are uncompromising in our commitment for the College to remain an excellent educational facility. We are a unique Christian college, in that we are staffed, led and populated by families who have an active and genuine faith in Jesus Christ. This has a profoundly positive impact on Northside’s culture.
- Ps Nathan Bean (Board Chair) - BBus(Management), Cert IV Workplace Training & Assess, Cert IV Ministry, Ordained Minister Credential
- Mrs Annie Gibney - BHSc, PGCert Management, PGCert Counter Terrorism & Intelligence
- Mr Warwick Spackman - BE (Hons)Civil, MIEAust, CPEng, RPEQ, NPER
- Mr Carl Wood - LLB, B.Bus (Actg), M.Tax, CTA (Chartered Tax Advisor), Commissioner of Declaration (QLD)
- Mrs Kelly Barnes - BBus (HR/Mktg) (Management)
- Mr Les Hannaway - DipGraphic Design, CertIV Small Business Mngmt.
- Mrs Kensie Corney - LLB (Hons)
Northside Christian College is a member of: