Northside Christian College is a leader in Christian education, preparing students who will be transformational in their spheres of influence. We work to intentionally raise up future leaders.
We are daily committed to our mission, which is: ‘To make disciples of Jesus Christ, educated and equipped for any future.’
Faith in Christ is seen as the foundation to life. Each student is provided with the opportunity to understand the teaching of the Scriptures and to become a follower of Jesus Christ in both belief and action.
Northside Christian College was founded in 1985 as a ministry of Nexus Church (formerly Northside Christian Church) in order to provide a high quality education that would partner with and support the values of Christian families.
Nexus Church began as an outreach ministry in the Stafford area in 1952. The Church moved to its present location in 1976 with just 80 people. Over the last few decades, Nexus has grown into a large, thriving Christian community in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. ‘Nexus’ means ‘a point of connection’, and the desire of the church is to be a life-giving Church – helping connect people to God, community and purpose.
Nexus Church is part of the Australian Christian Churches. The Assemblies of God in Australia was formed in 1937 and has experienced consistent growth, particularly in the last twenty years. It adopted a new name of Australian Christian Churches in 2007 and currently consists of more than 1,100 churches.
A Christian Education
We believe that a Christian is a person who has made Jesus Christ both Saviour and Lord of his/her life. That is, a Christian is a person who:
- believes that Jesus Christ, God’s only Son,
- died and rose again
- has recognised his/her sinful condition
- has received forgiveness of his/her sins through faith in Jesus Christ and
- seeks to live his/her life in obedience to God’s Word.
Christianity is, in essence, an ongoing relationship with God – not just a Sunday morning event, but a way of life.
The Northside community is enriched by students from more than 100 churches of various denominations, although the majority comes from evangelical, charismatic or pentecostal churches.
The style of worship at the College is contemporary. As far as possible, students are the musicians, singers and leaders of worship and chapels.
The Directors of Northside are appointed by Nexus Church and are responsible for the spiritual, legal and financial oversight of the College. Managerial responsibility for the College's operations is delegated by the Directors to the Principal.
Board of Directors of Northside Christian College
As a Board, we are uncompromising in our commitment for the College to remain an excellent educational facility. We are a unique Christian college, in that we are staffed, led and populated by families who have an active and genuine faith in Jesus Christ. This has a profoundly positive impact on Northside’s culture.
- Ps Nathan Bean (Board Chair) - BBus(Management), Cert IV Workplace Training & Assess, Cert IV Ministry, Ordained Minister Credential
- Mrs Annie Gibney - BHSc, PGCert Management, PGCert Terrorism & Intelligence
- Mr Warwick Spackman - BE (Hons)Civil, MIEAust, CPEng, RPEQ, NPER
- Mr Phillip Stay - BEng (Civil), MPublic Policy, AssDipBAdmin
- Mr Carl Wood - LLB, B.Bus (Actg), M.Tax, CTA (Chartered Tax Advisor), Commissioner of Declaration (QLD)
- Mrs Charissa Steffens - BBus, Grad Dip Ed (Sec), MA
Northside Christian College is a member of: